Monday, September 21, 2015

I'm tired of fighting.....but I can't stop.

Being a parent of a child with special needs means you never stop fighting....fighting for what is right for your child. Fighting being their voice when theirs isn't heard (or understood). Fighting to make sure that they get the services and help that they need so that they can be as successful as possible in this life. It is never just a one time fight but a repeated fight that needs to be revisited every year and reevaluated every year. So several times each year (but the stress of the fight is never ending) I feel like I need to pull out my imaginary "boxing gloves" and jump into the ring and duke it out with providers, administrations, and others that are supposedly there to help and make decisions that are best for my boys. But more times than not it never feels that way. And most times I feel like David going up against Goliath. But guess what....David wins in the end. So that gives me courage, it gives me strength, and it gives me the motivation to move forward and keep on fighting. 

And although Matthew and Andrew have no clue about these meetings and the fight that we are fighting for them. They do know one thing...that I love them and I will never stop fighting for them. 

Andrew doesn't say "I love you" with his mouth, but this is how he tells me when I sign I love you. He matched my fingers with his.

1 comment:

  1. I love that picture. It should be on billboards about the power of reaching others in the way they need us to reach them.

    ReplyDelete